Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Colorado 4X4 Rescue And Recovery Ham Radio Net
Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 8:00 PM until 9:00 PM
is not Required
Must be a licensed Ham Radio Opperator
Topic of Discussion:
The Colorado 4x4 Rescue and Recovery Net is brought to you by the Communications Committee and possible from the courtesy of the Rocky Mountain Radio League. They are allowing the use of their Evergreen repeater, and have been extremely supportive of our mission and goals for this net! We highly encourage you to visit their Website and consider joining as a member to show your support and help with their cause.
Our goals for this net are as follows:
- Connect Members, Volunteers, 4x4 Enthusiasts and Members of the Radio Community
- Encourage newer Ham Radio operators to get on the air, test their equipment and learn proper radio etiquette in a non intimidating environment.
- Test our comms set ups to allow for better communications during recoveries.
- Provide updates to our members
- Increase Repeater Traffic and use for RMRL.
- Encourage non licensed members of Colorado 4x4 Rescue & Recovery to become Ham Operators, become active in the weekly Nets and to help them obtain a good backcountry comms setup.
This net is accessible on the RMRL 146.940 Repeater located on Squa Mountain. It uses a negative offset and a tone of 103.5 Hz. This repeater is also linked to the RMRL 449.825 Repeater located in Broomfield, CO and also uses a negative offset and a tone of 103.5 Hz for access.